Senior Engineer – Cochin, India
ENGINEER / SENIOR ENGINEER
Technical Appraisal Group
Established in 1993, International Register of Shipping (IRS) is an independent classification society. IRS is a provider of classification, certification, verification and advisory services.
- Candidate will be responsible for, plan approval / design review of marine vessels and offshore structures as per the IRS Ship Classification Rules and requirements specified by various IMO and other international conventions.
- Analyzing new construction and modification drawings of various types of ships or offshore structures for approving them on behalf of IRS Class Society, in accordance with classification rules, IMO and other international regulations.
- Performing review /verification of technical requirements of marine vessels/structures.
- Reviewing the ship survey reports related to new construction or modification work prepared by International Register of Shipping ship surveyors
- Should be knowledgeable of classification society functions, IMO conventions and regulations such as SOLAS, MARPOL, LL, Rules, Class, Tonnage Conventions and other codes.
- Assist to Research and Development Group or other engineering teams as necessary on various engineering projects.
- Perform other related projects / Tasks as assigned by Management.
- Must hold at least Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, shipbuilding and design or any related areas.
- Must have about 3 to 5 years’ experience in marine engineering / ship building or ship design in a Shipyard or ship design firm
- At least 2 years in plan appraisal functions in a Class Society or ship design experience is preferred.
- Should be familiar with the Ship Classification Rules, IMO Codes/ conventions such as SOLAS, MARPOL, and other maritime technical codes.
- Understanding of process analysis and development of procedures related to ship classification.
- Should be familiar with modeling & simulation, with experience in using software such as Auto ship, Auto Cad GHS and other Marine software and FEA software
- Must have strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Great benefits and working environment