In response to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases in India, some ports in China have upgraded their epidemic prevention measures, the UK Club correspondents Huatai Marine advised.
Dalian and nearby ports
Due to the recent epidemic locally, there is no additional requirement so far. However, a vessel ever berthed at an Indian port applied to call at Bayuquan recently, the application is still in the process of approval, but it is difficult to get approval.
For vessels and crewmembers from abroad:
Nucleic acid testing including crewmembers and onboard environment is required.
The crewmembers must wear facial masks on deck.
All the vessels from abroad are subject to nucleic acid testing to all crewmembers.
Cargo operation can only be started after the negative testing results are available.
No additional requirements so far. However, a vessel ever berthed at an Indian port applied to call at Huludao last week. Due to the positive nucleic acid testing of several crewmembers, the application was not approved and the ship has sailed.
For vessels from India, all crewmembers would be required to receive nucleic acid testing, and disinfection of the entire vessel would be required
Berthing operation can only be applied after the negative testing results are available.
Tianjin and nearby ports
-Caofeidian: In principle, no foreign vessels are permitted to board.
-Huanghua: No additional requirements so far. Need to consult with the agent case by case.
-Jingtang: In principle, no foreign vessels are permitted to board.
-Qinhuangdao: Since May, personnel other than stevedores are not allowed to board vessels which have recently changed Indian crew. The definition of “recently” should be confirmed with the agent on a case by case basis.
No boarding permission for vessels ever changed Indian crews within 14 days.
No boarding permission for vessels ever berthed/called at an Indian port within 14 days.
Boarding other foreign vessels that are defined as medium-risk vessels with secondary protection measures is permitted. Boarding stevedores are not permitted to enter the living area.
Change of Indian crews is prohibited.
Qingdao and nearby ports:
-Dongying: No additional requirements so far, but the agent is required to pay more attention to the crew change of Indian crews and the crew from Southeast Asian countries, and report in time. India and its neighboring countries mainly include: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Maldives.
-Lanshan / Rizhao:
1. For vessels passing through/called at an Indian port, the requirements are as follows:
Advance notice to the authority is required. The vessel is allowed to berth after getting approval.
Crew changing is prohibited.
Any boarding person is required to have been vaccinated against Covid-19. Moreover, the boarding person has to be isolated after disembarkation until negative results of nucleic acid testing and serum test are available.
2. For vessels from UK, prevention measures refer to ships from India.
-Lianyungang: For vessels ever berthed or changed crew in India, Laos, Cambodia, Mongolia, Thailand, Pakistan,
Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar within 21 days, Nucleic acid testing including crewmembers and
onboard environment is required.
1. For vessels from India or ever changed crew in India, the requirements are as follows:
(1) Records of port of call within the last four weeks must be truthfully filled in.
(2) Records of crew change and crew’s physical condition in last 30 days must be truthfully filled in. The travel history is also required to be remarked.
2. Report the following information to the quarantine officer before berthing:
(1) Whether the vessel has called at India.
(2) Whether the vessel has changed any crew from India or its neighboring countries.
3. If vessels ever called at an Indian port within 14 days, or changed crew in India or have any crewmembers from Indian or its neighboring countries (Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc.) attended onboard within 14 days, the crewmembers would be required to receive nucleic acid testing.
Except in extremely unusual circumstances, crew change is not permitted if the vessel ever passed through India, Nepal, Brazil, Malaysia and other countries particularly affected by the epidemic.
1. For local epidemic prevention measures, please refer to Qingdao Port.
2. At Shidao port, if vessels ever called at an Indian port or changed Indian crew, berthing operation would not be permitted.
1. No additional requirements so far.
2. Advance notice is required.