March 26, 2018
IMDG Code 33rd Amendments entered in to force on January 1, 2008
At its eighty-first session in May 2006, the Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) adopted Amendment 33-06, in accordance with resolution MSC.205(81, to the IMDG Code which entered into force on 1 January 2008.
These amendments inter alia include those prepared on the basis of proposals received from IMO Member Governments and Organizations and those prepared by the UN Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods and on the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals.
They relate to transport of:
- Ethylene Oxide with Nitrogen up to a total pressure of 1 Mpa (10 bar) at 500C(UN 1040);
- Polymeric beads (UN 2211);
- Plastics moulding compound (UN 3314);
- Ammonium Nitrate (UN 1942) and
- Ammonium Nitrate Fertilizer (UN 2067);
- segregation provisions for class 8 acids and alkalis when not in limited quantities; and
- the packaging of articles containing dangerous goods in limited quantities.
- A copy of the Resolution MSC 205(81) can be downloaded by following this link